20+ years of experience in film, music and television industries investment banking, including private placements, valuations, strategic advisory, sell/buy-side mergers and acquisitions, restructuring, financial due-diligence, market-sizing, film gross/profit participations and financial modeling.
- Regularly performs consulting services ranging from due diligence for capital sources to the film and music industry to developing complex models, such as the one used by RIAA in their successful arbitration against the NMPA.
- Advised Max Films, Unique Pictures (Bob Shaye), Tornante (Michael Eisner) on their capital raises, and Clarity Partners, Cerberus & Khazanah (Malaysian sovereign wealth fund) on their film investments.
- Performed restructuring services for CitiGroup in regards to the bankruptcy of the Robert Halmi Company (NYSE: RHIE), Societe Generale in regards to the Morgan Creek International Limited bankruptcy, the unsecured credit committee of Yari Film Group Releasing and Halcyon fund in their sale of the Terminator franchise.
- Director in FTI’s Media & Entertainment Group advising on projects ranging from library valuations, restructuring a film fund, digital audits of online music retailers, due diligence (Spyglass Entertainment), private placements (SpiralFrog, Rock River), and macro-economic analyses.
- Member of the Media and Entertainment Group at Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin. Worked on the NBC-Universal and Sony-MGM acquisitions, and with music production and distribution companies (Artist Direct, Chrysalis, Dreamworks Music, EMI, Univision); film production and distribution companies (Dreamworks SKG, First Look, Radar Pictures, Silver Pictures, Village Roadshow, Wild Bunch); technology firms (Media Defender, Napster); banks and private equity groups.
- Started career in film lending unit of Natwest-Coutts (1997 to 2000).
- Master's of Science in Management, HEC Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Series 7 and 63 licenses.